Construction at the Cowford Chophouse has continued on schedule since the last construction update was sent on February 23.
The following project milestones have been completed in the past five weeks:
• Mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) rough-ins have been completed at kitchens
• Steel framing for the rooftop terrace canopy has been installed.
• Sheetrock has been installed in both kitchens.
• Decorative cast stone and masonry re-installation on the southwest corner has been completed through the second floor.
In the coming weeks, the following activities and tasks will occur:
• Roof-level brickwork will be completed.
• The elevator and dumbwaiter will be installed.
• Installation of windows, frames and sashes on the second floor will be completed.
• The glass canopy for the rooftop terrace will be installed.
• First floor windows, frames and sashes will be installed.
• Epoxy flooring will be laid in the kitchens and service stairwell.
• Drywall installation will begin on the second floor exterior walls and soffits.
• Permanent power will be activated and the electrical switchgear will be set.
• Capstone installation on the parapet will begin.
• Cornice construction will continue.
• Kitchen equipment and the draft beer system will be installed.
• Interior running trim and Cypress ceiling installation will begin.
• Utility lines in the alley behind the Cowford Chophouse will be connected.
• Framing for the private dining room will begin.
Upon completion, the chophouse will feature a two-story dining room and a private dining room, as well as a rooftop terrace bar and lounge. Danis Construction is providing construction services for the project, and Design Cooperative is providing all architectural services.