Construction at the Cowford Chophouse has continued on schedule since the last construction update was sent on January 17.
The following project milestones have been completed in the past five weeks:
• Re-roofing of the Holmes Building has been completed.
• Rooftop insulation has been sprayed.
• Stair pans and handrails have been installed for both stair towers.
• The new remote terminal unit (RTU), equipment rack and mechanical equipment, including air conditioners, have been installed on the roof.
• Metal stud framing and coffered soffits on the second floor passed inspection from the City of Jacksonville and are ready for drywall installation.
• All mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) rough-ins for the second floor are in place and passed inspection.
• Framing and MEP rough-ins for restrooms are in place on the first, second and third floors.
• Decorative cast stone and masonry re-installation on the southwest corner has started.
• A historic window mock-up was installed and inspected.
• Kitchen hoods have been installed on the first and second floor kitchens.
• Water, sewer and fire piping have all been connected and run to the building.
In the coming weeks, the following activities and tasks will occur:
• MEP rough-ins on the third floor will continue.
• The glass canopy for the third floor will be installed.
• Installation of roof-level brickwork will begin.
• Sheetrock installation and finishing will begin.
• Cast stone and masonry re-installation will continue on the southwest corner.
• Production of historic window components is underway; once complete, the historic windows will be re-installed.
Upon completion, the Cowford Chophouse will feature a two-story dining room, as well as a rooftop terrace bar and lounge. Danis Construction is providing construction services for the project, and Design Cooperative is providing all architectural services.