Construction at the Cowford Chophouse has continued on schedule through the holidays and into the New Year.
The following tasks have been completed since the last construction update was sent on December 21:
- The second-floor slab is in place.
- The slab for the third-floor level has been poured.
- Ductwork on the first-floor dining area is complete.
- All in-slab mechanical, engineering and plumbing (MEP) rough-ins are in place.
- All in-slab piping for second and third floors is done.
- All structural concrete is complete, including the final pour on the roof level and several elevated decks.
In the coming weeks, the following activities and tasks will occur:
- Re-roofing of the Holmes Building will be completed.
- MEP rough-ins on the second and third floors will continue.
- Stairs will be set in place.
- A new remote terminal unit (RTU), equipment rack and mechanical equipment (such as air conditioners) will be installed.
- Utility work will begin in the alleyway for water, sewer and fire piping.
- Decorative cast stone and masonry re-installation on the southwest corner will start.
- Construction on the main roof will begin. Installation of masonry and capstone will occur during the roofing process.
- Soffits on the second-floor dining room will be laid out.
- Kitchen hoods will be installed.
Upon completion, the chophouse will feature a two-story dining room, as well as a rooftop terrace bar and lounge. Danis Construction is providing the construction services for the project, and Design Cooperative is providing all architectural services.