Installation of the highest beam was recognized with traditional topping off ceremony
November 18, 2016 – Jacksonville, Fla. – Today, Cowford Chophouse owner Jacques Klempf, Danis Construction and the Downtown Investment Authority held a topping off ceremony at the Cowford Chophouse, which is slated to open next year at 101 East Bay Street in Jacksonville’s Downtown neighborhood. The ceremony celebrated the installation of the highest piece of steel, a major milestone in the building’s construction.
“We appreciate the community’s support for this project. Reaching this milestone has bolstered our enthusiasm to complete this project. We are grateful to Danis Construction, the Downtown Investment Authority, Design Cooperative and all of the contractors who have helped us so far,” said Klempf.
Construction at the Cowford Chophouse continued on schedule through October and early November, with the exception of a two-day pause for Hurricane Matthew on October 6 and 7. The following tasks have been completed since the last construction update was sent on September 28:
- Structural steel installation is approximately 80 percent complete.
- All floor levels are set.
- Approximately 80 percent of roof steel is set. This progress includes the highest steel beam (installed at a height of 51 feet and eight inches), which was recognized during the topping off ceremony.
- The second-floor kitchen is completely framed and all mechanical, engineering and plumbing (MEP) is roughed in.
- Framing for exterior masonry walls has been poured and construction has begun.
- Window arch concrete beams on the first and second levels passed inspection by the City of Jacksonville’s Building Inspection Division and a structural engineer.
- The southwest corner at 101 E. Bay Street is being brought up to steel elevation, and the remaining pieces of steel are being attached.
- Brickwork in the alley behind 101 E. Bay Street is complete.
In the coming weeks, bricks from the historic exterior walls will continue to be cleaned, detailed, and re-installed at the southwest corner. Additionally, second-floor kitchen slabs will be finalized; construction will continue on the third floor with masonry and cast-in-place concrete; poured concrete window arch fabrication and roofing for the kitchens will be completed; and final structural steel will be installed.
Upon completion, the chophouse and raw bar will feature a two-story dining room, as well as a rooftop terrace bar and lounge. Danis Construction is providing the construction services for the project, and Design Cooperative is providing all architectural services.
About Forking Amazing Restaurants
Forking Amazing Restaurants is an independent restaurant group based in Jacksonville, Florida, which comprises Ovinte, Bistro Aix, Il Desco and the Cowford Chophouse (currently under construction). To learn more about the FAR group, visit forkingamazingrestaurants.com.