Jacksonville, Fla. – Next year, Jacksonville-based Forking Amazing Restaurants will open the Cowford Chophouse at 101 East Bay Street in Jacksonville’s Downtown neighborhood. The chophouse and raw bar will feature a two-story dining room, as well as a rooftop terrace bar and lounge. Danis Construction is providing construction services for the project. Design Cooperative is providing all architectural services.
Construction at the Cowford Chophouse continued with no interruptions since the last construction update was sent on August 19. The following tasks were completed since then:
- The Cowford Chophouse received its Certificate of Appropriateness for a street canopy on August 24.
- The City of Jacksonville issued a $6.42 million building permit for 5,876 square feet of enclosed space and 2,968 square feet of unenclosed space. The permit was approved at a September 8 Planning Commission meeting.
- Wood and metal stud framing between 107 and 109 E. Bay Street was completed.
- Plumbing, rough-in and underground work at 107 E. Bay Street was finalized.
- Chases were installed near the planned bar area to accommodate future electrical work.
- Initial bids were collected for fire, mechanical and electrical subcontractors; contracts have been finalized and awarded.
- Structural support column installation continued according to schedule, with installation expected to finish in November.
In the coming weeks, electrical, plumbing and mechanical rough-in will continue at 101 E. Bay Street; floor slabs will be poured for the first and second-floor kitchens; and wood framing for the second-floor kitchen will begin.
About Forking Amazing Restaurants:
Forking Amazing Restaurants is an independent restaurant group based in Jacksonville, Florida, which comprises Ovinté, Bistro Aix, Il Desco and the Cowford Chophouse (currently under construction). To learn more about the FAR group, visit forkingamazingrestaurants.com.